Creating Your Unique Lifestyle as a Sensitive Therapist
In this episode of the Soulfilled Sisterhood podcast with fellow Highly Sensitive Therapist, Nicole Burgess, I dive deeply into:
- Core characteristics of the HSP trait and brain differences.
- My personal journey of learning about the HSP trait and desire to raise awareness to other psychotherapists to prevent burnout and compassion fatigue.
- Steps in how to thrive under optimal conditions as an HSP.
- Beginning your day with ease to keep nervous system from being amped up.
- Ways to stay ahead of the exhaustion.
- Importance of boundaries and unstructured time.
- Incorporating self-compassionate and mindfulness skills.
- Slowing down before reaching exhaustion point.
- Self-acceptance and why you are needed in this world.
- Tips on how to help reduce the overwhelm in creating your day and your week.
- Power of self-reflection and turning off electronics.
- Creating a lifestyle that works for you both personally and professionally.
- The power of saying “NO” and letting go of activities that don’t serve you.
Listen to the podcast here or on iTunes.