Fill Your Tank - using self-care to reduce exhaustion. Click the video above to see the first video in the Sustainable Practice series.
- It is essential to start with getting at least eight hours of sleep each night.
- Include plenty of time to wind down before bed and a small buffer of time to wake up in the morning.
- Visualize your office as a calming space such as a forest or beach.
- Imagine a boundary of white light surrounding you.
- Find your breath and slow it down.
- Locate your edges: gently press your hands together, find your feet on the ground, put a hand on your belly.
- Create distance between you and the client as needed: pivot slightly to one side or lean back in your chair.
- 80% of our stimulation comes in through our eyes. Close your eyes for a few minutes after the session.
- Take three deep breaths and feel your feet on the ground to start to come back to yourself.
- Visualize clearing away any energy and emotions of the client’s you have taken on during the session.
Click the video below for a guided self-care practice you can use after your session. Come back to yourself and release any emotions or energy you have absorbed from the client.